Monday, January 2, 2012

Three Day Green Smoothie Challenge Day 1

Isn't it funny how you wake up thinking about food on the day you know you can't have any? I don't even eat breakfast or like some of the frozen stuff Anna eats in the mornings but caught myself eyeing her Boston cream pie toaster strudel. I hate Boston cream anything. I hate cream filling. On the bright side, I weighed when I got up and was pleasantly surprised. I was almost certain I weighed 10 more pounds than I do.....not kidding AT ALL. I have decided that growing old brings on gray hair AND weight redistribution. How is it possible to weigh within a few pounds as I did a year ago but my clothes feel totally different. Weight redistribution. All of my weight has chosen my torso to set up middle age residence.

By 7:10, I managed to drink a couple of cups of water but wondered about my coffee? I thought I had read enough in two days to be prepared...... What did it say about coffee?!?!? What about my energy shot?!?! Oh dear. They are liquid.... :)

After the morning dust settled, I set about tackling my three day endeavor. I chose the beginner recipe (will share below). It looked simple enough. Lessons.... I did learn that kitchen shears are a must. I DO need to learn how to properly cut/handle mango......I'm sure there is a YouTube video somewhere. Ice is preferred to water (for me anyway) and you should purée instead of liquefy unless you want small bits of kale. I did go ahead and prepare my smoothie for lunch using the remaining mixture in the blender (maybe a cup or so?!?!) and adding more kale with half of a banana. (Sorry MB....you can taste the dinner smoothie. :) I will post pics in a bit.

Verdict.....much better than I anticipated!! The smoothie actually tastes good to me. I didn't have to add honey and my senses were not offended at all.

Basic Balance (Beginner Green Smoothie)
1 mango
1 cup kale
1 cup water

No comments:

Post a Comment